[OSM-talk] new mailing list request - OSM outdoor/natural phenomena mapping

Jonathan Bennett jonobennett at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:41:06 UTC 2014

On 05/03/2014 20:30, Richard Z. wrote:
> despite beeing sometimes tricky I still consider it pretty important to know
> that a certain area is eg part of the tundra climate, permafrost or monsoon.

...and as I said, five messages ago:

"The main OSM database only stores relatively permanent features. That's
not to say that this information isn't useful and valuable, just that
the main OSM database isn't the right place to store it."

The people discussing this issue with you are not questioning the value
of this information to you or any other person. They are just pointing
out that the OpenStreetMap database is not the correct place to store
this information, because we're trying to build a crowdsourced map of
the world where you don't need to be a domain expert to be able to
contribute.

J.