[OSM-talk] No Changeset Comments from iD

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 6 08:29:10 UTC 2014

On 06/03/14 06:53, Clifford Snow wrote:

> Why do I see so many new mappers make edits without a commit comment? Is
> it because iD doesn't prompt for a commit message? iD issue 1488 is open
> but not acted upon. I wonder why. Is it because the developers don't
> think commit comments are needed?

Why do you think iD doesn't prompt? It seems to for me...

When you hit the Save button at the top the side panel should change to
show the current commit message (which can be edited as required) and
the button that triggers the save.

I think the answer to your question is simply that many people are too
lazy to enter one.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)