[OSM-talk] No Changeset Comments from iD

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 6 13:39:16 UTC 2014

Thrue, this is a good practice to save often. At the same time we need that changeset infos be grouped and more informative to help the community better follow the edits. How to do that?

The first step would be by default for the editors to leave the changeset open until a new comment is provided or when the mapper ask specifically to close the changeset. This would avoid one changeset per building as I saw many times.  And yes, we should insist to have comments.

The second step, the editors should prompt for a comment.

And the third step then, it will be to the community to convince the new mappers to provide more relevant comments.

Pierre