[OSM-talk] Use of Key:* as wiki web page titles

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun Mar 9 11:26:26 UTC 2014

On So, Mär 09, 2014 at 11:11:35 +0000, Dave F. wrote:
> Prompted by the discussion on the Layer tag I've just noticed
> there's two separate pages for it: 'Layer' & 'Key:Layer'
>
> What's the reason for the 'Key:' prefix? IMO it can only lead to
> confusion. Haven't checked all, but Landuse & Natural each have
> separate entries in the wiki.

Pages with the "Key:" or "Tag:" prefix describe that specific key or tag.
Other pages without those prefixes explain general concepts or whatever. At
least that is the idea. As with everything with the wiki there is somewhat of a
mess there.  Having those explicit prefixes makes it possible for taginfo, for
instance, to find descriptions of keys and tags.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298