[OSM-talk] [Wikidata-l] [OHM] Should we map former endonyms?

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:31:10 UTC 2014

I think wikidata has the potential to tie it all together. There is no need
to split the information over 2 databases.

What would be nice, is a way to say: this object is now split/merged. Save
the current version in OSM and save the historic version of those objects
in OHM. And all the metadata and in wikidata. Then point from OSM and OHM
to wikidata. Use Overpass to retrieve the relevant objects based on their
ids in wikidata.

Polyglot