[OSM-talk] Maximum recommended length of ways tagged with layer

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Mar 21 22:05:21 UTC 2014

On Mar 21, 2014 4:59 PM, "Richard Z." <ricoz.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Example of a problem this should catch: I have seen cases where someone
> wanted to tag a simple bridge with layer and added the layer to the wrong
> segment - tagging a hundred or more miles of road accidentally, possibly
> affecting crossings far away for an area not downloaded. The validator
will
> not detect it and in most cases the renderer will work around this bug
very
> well so it is only discovered by accident in most cases.
> This is not limited to layer, I have seen the same problem with culverts
and
> bridges.

This seems like something a validator should be able to catch without
overly complicating how levels work.

> What kind of underground areas are that in Kansas, do you have a pointer?

I'm not exactly sure where exactly it is, but there's apparently a pretty
extensive underground industrial and office district entirely underground
complete with drivable underground streets in KCK thanks to repurposing an
old mine.