[OSM-talk] iD usability study: Looking for test persons

Jan B antofosm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 12:15:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I want to inform you of a usability study of the iD editor that I'm
currently planning to execute for my Master's thesis in cartography at
TU Vienna.

The goal is to test the usability of iD by having volunteer test persons
complete a number of beginner tasks on it. From the tests I will draw
conclusions that will hopefully help improving the usability of iD.

I'm looking for test persons who are not familiar with editing with iD
yet. The test is supposed to take place in or around Hamburg, Germany.
So if you'll happen to be around Hamburg in April by any chance, you are
invited to take part in the test.

If you're interested, please take a look at the pre-test online survey,
in which I ask you a few questions and in which the procedure is
explained in more detail, too.
http://cartography.tuwien.ac.at/limesurvey/index.php/216311/lang-en

Of course I will make the results available to the community as soon as
the research is completed.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have; looking forward to exciting
test sessions.

Cheers
jan