[OSM-talk] Static render software working with OSM API-like

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 25 12:12:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 03/25/2014 12:21 PM, François Lacombe wrote:
> I'm looking for a dedicated software, like Mapertive for instance, which
> can directly connect to an OSM-api like (not xAPI, not overpass, just
> the 0.6 original one) and render data statically (png, pdf...) according
> to a MapCSS stylesheet in a given bounding box... like JOSM actually do
> when downloading data.

Since our own API would not allow such use (it is reserved for editing),
people have had little incentive to code something like you describe,
even though I understand how it would be of use in your particular
situation.

Closest I can think of is the original MapCSS demonstrator "Halcyon"
(Flash) linked from here http://www.mapcss.org/

Bye
Frederik