[OSM-talk] Launching OpenAddresses

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:27:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As some of you know, I've been working on collecting as much address data as
possible for the last couple years. I had created a spreadsheet to track
progress for myself and others had contributed their own entries. That
spreadsheet hit more than 300 entries tracking millions of address points
and parcel boundaries.

With the help of awesome people like Travis Pinney, Nick Ingalls, Tom
MacWright, and Alex Barth, this past weekend we released a website and a
data dump with the source data collected into one 1.6GB zip file. Check it
out here:

http://openaddresses.io/

So far, you can add data easily in two ways:
- Submit an issue or pull request to the GitHub repo here:
   https://github.com/openaddresses/openaddresses
- Fill out this form here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qyep9mxNtYBGV__NOGqJOUEg95-flWJnnD-FEcga0EQ/viewform

It would be supremely cool if you took a minute or two and found address or
parcel data in your area and added it to the index here.

Thanks!
Ian