[OSM-talk] Launching OpenAddresses

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Mar 26 00:20:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> OK, so I'm confused, is public domain incompatible?

Guessing from the link text, each data set may have license
stipulations attached to it.

Looking at the information in the sources directory, a quick scan suggests that
66 data sets claim license = Public Domain
98 data sets have some license other than public domain
179 data sets have license = "" which is a place holder for license
information, not a statement of a specific license.
364 data sets do not include a license line.  I presume that this is
also not a statement of a specific license, but is instead an absence
of a place holder.