[OSM-talk] Foursquare and OSM Note Instructions

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 28 11:59:54 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-28 08:32, JB wrote:
> Err, some thoughts after some heavy note-closing in France.
>
> Le 28/03/2014 09:14, Peter Wendorff a écrit :
>> Adding a note even as a personal note for adding it later is a valid
>> action, if e.g. don't have the time to do more now or don't have an
>> editor at hand - provided I'm going to resolve that myself later.
> Dos and don'ts section does not validate this in the wiki : « Don't use
> it to put your personal notes here. ». Rather use personal stuff like
> gpx files or whatever. Many personal notes just get forgotten (where is
> this filtering tool showing /my/ notes? Ha, doesn't exist, I forgot…)

The wiki page says "Don't use it to put your personal notes here. Notes
should be of wider interest and make sense to other mappers".
So you can add notes as reminders for yourself, so long as they are also
helpful for other mappers. I have added a few notes as reminders for
things to check. Sometimes I get back there to survey it myself,
sometimes another mapper fixes it first. It doesn't really matter who
fixes it, its still improving the map.

To see a list of your notes, go to your user page on openstreetmap.org,
and click the link for "My Notes".

Craig