[OSM-talk] Issues with finding street corners

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 01:55:47 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Droid Power <droidgsm2013 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In Ecuador it is quite common for places to be identified by the two
> intersecting streets since street numbering is not consistent. Yet it seems
> OSM does not allow this, is this a bug or my fault?

Do you mean while using the place search on the OSM website?

I think the default search engine software, Nominatim, is not yet capable
of searching for intersections. If you want, you can file a feature request
on the Github project page: https://github.com/twain47/Nominatim/issues

For other software and apps (like OsmAND), you may also need to file for
feature requests so that intersection searching can work on those.

However, if you mean tagging addresses with street intersections, there is
no "official" way to tag addresses with 2 streets.

Such addresses are common in my country and so we have adopted the
addr:street:corner=* tag, in addition to the addr:street=* tag, to identify
the secondary street address intersection:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Astreet%3Acorner