[OSM-talk] Invisible character LRM in some website values

Glenn Plas glenn at byte-consult.be
Fri May 2 12:25:02 UTC 2014


On 01-05-14 21:51, John Packer wrote:
> Solved!
> At least for now...
>
> Changeset: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/22071440
>
> I suppose I hit the same problem as you, Glenn: JOSM wasn't 
> recognizing that the data was changed.
> But that was because I removed these characters in the OSM file 
> itself, not inside JOSM.
> The solution was to add the attribute action="modify" to each object 
> in the file before opening it in JOSM. (I did this with a VIM macro)

I tried both methods, in josm itself and manually, but I lacked the 
knowledge on that action attribute.  I'm still strugling with getting 
josm to recognise it.  It's probably down to the java flavour (oracle vs 
openjdk).  I'll verify on a VM this weekend to know for sure what is 
causing it.

See followup: https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/9960

Tx for information

Glenn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/attachments/20140502/fc47b2f5/attachment.html>


More information about the talk mailing list