[OSM-talk] Organizational mapping policy

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:02:11 UTC 2014

> I dont think that we can justify to create a second account. This had the
> effect over the last few years to slow down some valuable Imports.

I do not believe that requiring the creation of a dedicated account for
paid mapping will shoo this kind of mappers away. It is done in 2 minutes.
Maybe it slows down imports done by a large group of people each with small
amounts of data, but if you are going to do a lot of mapping or importing
it certainly won't be an obstacle. My guess is that paid mappers will most
probably create a dedicated account anyway in order to be able to document
the outcome of their work.

cheers,
Martin