[OSM-talk] Organizational mapping policy

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu May 15 14:31:51 UTC 2014

I think we should look at those users not as organizational, or paid users,
but as users that have too steep a curve of added nodes over time. An
account registers, and immediately starts adding or modifying hundreds of
nodes. That could either be an import, a very zealous early mapper, or
someone who is paid by node. Either way, they should be controlled in some
way.

Maybe put a limit on number of added nodes over time with some function
that permits long-time mappers to add or modify as many nodes as they want,
and limit new users. Of course, show them a link to where you can say what
that account is doing, and get permission to add as many as you want even
though you are a new user.

Janko