[OSM-talk] Taginfo Updates

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun May 18 17:12:48 UTC 2014

On So, Mai 18, 2014 at 06:44:55 +0200, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> On Sunday 18 May 2014, Jochen Topf wrote:
> >
> > Those features are multipolygon relations and taginfo doesn't know
> > anything about multipolygon relations.
>
> I see - so at a closer look the maps are not really "Geographical
> distribution of this tag" but "Geographical distribution of nodes and
> ways with this tag".

Yes, and you can use the filter option on the right to choose which
kind of objects you are interested in.

Oh, and while we are nitpicking, you always only see the position of
nodes. If a way has very long segments between two nodes, you will not
see a line, but just the end nodes. This will sometimes look odd. Thats
why there are those strange dots in Antarctica for the coastline:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/natural=coastline#map

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298