[OSM-talk] undiscussed (?) mechanical edit on diet:vegan and diet:vegetarian

John Packer john.packer7 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:25:43 UTC 2014

For a more complete picture:
This user (BuganiniQ) first added diet:vegetarian=yes and diet:vegan=yes to
places with cuisine=vegan, and diet:vegetarian=yes to places with
cuisine=vegetarian.
It does not seem too much of a stretch to do that.

Then later he corrected these tags to diet:vegan=only to places with
cuisine=vegan (without diet:vegetarian=yes) and diet:vegetarian=only to
places with cuisine=vegetarian.
The question really is whether he removed/changed tags only from the
objects he added these tags, or if he just selected all of them.

Cheers,
John

> No, not every mechanical edit. There is no sharp border. The example you
> gave correct errors. Such edits should not have to be discussed. But the
> changeset I gave changed tagging and IMHO did not fix errors (see the
> linked wiki page).

+1, well-meaning "tag-normalization" should not be tolerated without
discussion, not even if the wiki proposes different tags, while fixing
typos should.

cheers,
Martin