[OSM-talk] Steve's better map

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 01:56:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:

>  On 01/11/2014 22:22, Ian Dees wrote:
>
>  On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:
>
>> Like it, but unsure I'd give Round 8 to Steve. Deleting old data is
>> *good* if replaced with more accurate information.
>

>  Once again: this is a discussion, not a competition between Steve and
> Simon. There are no rounds to give. Let's stop framing it that way and move
> on.
>
>   If you don't like it, don't read it. Go out & map.

That's not how a community works. We keep our community forums free of
childish behavior so that real meaningful discussion can happen.

Telling someone "if you don't like it, don't read it" doesn't solve the
problem of hostile, childish, and negative behavior on the mailing list, it
just repels normal people and leaves the negative people around to talk
amongst themselves. Since we tell our new community members to join these
mailing lists, I'd rather it be the other way around: the negative people
should leave the list and go talk amongst themselves elsewhere.