[OSM-talk] Status of Field Papers

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 11:45:46 UTC 2014

Hello from India! As part of a national digital literacy program my team
has been experimenting with using fieldpapers[1] to introduce mapping to
students from rural areas.

However it looks like the service is currently down and atlas generation
has not been possible over the past few days. This has brought our training
program to an abrupt halt.

Given the tremendous educational value of field papers, it would be welcome
if the OSMF could support running such a service to make it more reliable
and an integrated part of the osm.org homepage.

Unfortunately we don't have the technical resources to fork the project at
the moment, but it would be greatly appreciated if anyone can provide
alternate solutions in the short term to continue to use field papers or a
similar service to get more people to map.

[1] http://fieldpapers.org/

--
 Arun Ganesh
(planemad) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Planemad>