[OSM-talk] State of the Map US 2015 in New York, NY, June 6-8

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Tue Nov 11 16:04:55 UTC 2014

On 11.11.2014 00:16, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
> But I would rather see New York as the SotM 2015 and Venice as the
> SotM EU 2015. So I think that the OSMF should cooperate with OSM US
> and declare the winning New York bid as the State of the Map 2015.
NY was on the bid list of the SOTM but it was removed => so for me it
seems that they had decided not to go for the international conference.

I personally have a somehow different opinion: 2014 was in (South)
America, so why host the next SOTM again relativeley close to there
(from the viewpoint of an European)? OK, the UN is prestigious location
for such a meeting. But I would prefer more to have the SOTM circulating
the globe...

So my idea would be to e.g. make the SOTM-US a "SOTM-America" (America =
South America + North America (including the US)) and have the
globar/worldwide SOTM e.g. at Venice. I guess that the European
community is still the largest one...

Just my 2 cents,
Michael.