[OSM-talk] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Nov 16 21:26:48 UTC 2014

These are an increasingly common fixture in the US, particularly in cities
that have a green movement (rare, here, I know).  I know of one at Guthrie
Green (but having a hard time getting a good fix on it) and one unusually
well-equipped one at Portland International Airport (I believe this one's
mapped; this one's got extra uncommon fixtures necessary for a full
teardown or buildup of a bike so you can ride your bike to the airport,
take it apart, box it and check it as luggage; I believe KLM worked with
the Portland Bicycle Transportation Alliance to get that one installed as
Portland has nonstop flights to Amsterdam for some strange reason,
essentially making that KLM flight the connecting link between the Portland
LCN, Oregon RCN and Amsterdam LCN...).