[OSM-talk] Project #OSMselfie

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 00:30:18 UTC 2014

Nice idea. Too often our communications are faceless and I wonder if this
in any way has an effect on the tone of the discussions (that is, would we
be more polite if we could 'see' the person we are talking too)?

Rob

p.s. The more time I spend on the mailing lists, the more I see them as a
tool that suits software developers* rather than a diverse community of
people we aim to grow.

* By which I mean software developers like a communication channel that is
very terse and to the point (as it is efficient for their workload) and
they know this so don't see short replies as negative like others may. Face
to face hack events provide a chance to speak at greater length.