[OSM-talk] Issues with Mapbox paid mappers (was: Detrimental validation software)

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Thu Nov 27 18:36:17 UTC 2014

On 13/10/2014 18:32, Aaron Lidman wrote:

> Richrico should have responded. The Mapbox data team has a policy to
> respond to all questions from the community. I'm sorry he didn't, he
> has now, and we've reminded all members of our data team of this
> policy. This should no longer be an issue in the future and all of our
> data team policies are completely transparent and can be found on the
> wiki:http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapbox#Data_Team_Guidelines

(apologies for raking up an old thread, but just for info to all concerned)

I've just reverted a couple of Richrico's changesets.  One I'm sure is
wrong based on my recollection of the area; the other looks wrong based
on the imagery and I've added a note so that I can check the next time
I'm in the area.

I only did this after various attempts to get in contact (including OSM
messages and the guidelines linked above).  Conversations on #osm-gb
suggest I'm not the only one to have reverted some of these changesets.
However, given that this user's changesets are international in scope
it's likely that there are other areas that need checking too.

Cheers,

Andy