[OSM-talk] How best to create a "single point of interest" online map with OSM data?

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 23:23:02 UTC 2014

>* Ways disappear on the map (they don't get a pin: >zoom in on the map to
see two hidden toilets).

This was a problem we had with the Mappa Mercia pub example. Turned out
overpass can export centre points and following an update to uMap we posted
a new guide:

http://www.mappa-mercia.org/2014/09/extracting-centroids-from-openstreetmap.html

Hope this helps.

As for the issue of too many points, one option is to have uMap collect
data dynamically (as per our guide) and restrict to only showing data when
at a certain zoom level or above (with clustering at lower zoom levels).

Best,
Rob