[OSM-talk] Roll your own cigarette tag

Badita Florin baditaflorin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 20:46:49 UTC 2014

I will start with my dilemma for RYO cigarette
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roll-your-own_cigarette and why any of the
actual tag are not solving the dilemma.

In Romania, almost 99 % of people smoke normal cigarette.
In Bucharest, the capital, where around 2 million people live, there are
more people that smoke RYO cigarette. Not that much, but more persons
smoke.

But the dilemma comes like this.

Sometimes we have tabacco shops that sell just RYO cigarette, meaning
tabacco, rolling papers, and filters. Without usual cigarettes

Or the most common thing where we have cigarette plus :

   - Sometimes we have a kiosk, or a supermarket that sell RYO cigarette,
   meaning tabacco that you use for RYO cigarette, rolling papers, and filters.
   - But sometimes we have a kiosk, or a supermarket that sell just rolling
   papers, and filters.
   - And sometimes we have a kiosk, or a supermarket that sell just tabacco
   that you use for RYO cigarette

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/?key=shop&value=tobacco#overview

Maybe cause in the west all the shops just have both versions, nobody had
this dilemma before.

What tag / sub-tag you say it should be used / created for doing this ?

Thanks,
Florin Badita
Osm Romania <https://www.facebook.com/OsmRomania>