[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap and the Ada Initiative #osm4ada

Alan McConchie alan.mcconchie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:15:10 UTC 2014

The Ada Initiative [1] is an organization doing important work supporting women in open technology and culture, and right now they're raising money to fund their work for the next year. Thanks to Kathleen Danielson (diary entry here [2]) there is now an OpenStreetMap campaign to donate to Ada before their fundraising deadline on October 8th. We set a goal of USD $ 2,048 for this campaign, and we're already 25% of the way there after only a few hours!

To donate to Ada and show that diversity is important to the OpenStreetMap community, please use this OSM donation link: https://adainitiative.org/donate/?campaign=openstreetmap

You can use the hashtag #osm4ada to show OSM's support of the Ada Initiative in any social media posts about the campaign.

Note, to my knowledge there is no specific OSM-related Ada activities that will be supported by these funds. Your donation is primarily to help the Ada Initiative's work in general. However, the more of us donate to the Ada campaign on behalf of OSM, the more those donations will count as informal votes for more OSM+Ada collaboration in the future.

Alan

[1] http://adainitiative.org/
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/KathleenLD/diary/23967