[OSM-talk] wiki tag page template: ways vs areas vs relations

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:16:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM, moltonel 3x Combo <moltonel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is that everyone else's understanding too ? In that case, I'll mention
> that fact in the template's documentation, and keep an eye out for
> misdocumented tags.

I think it is very confusing for new comers. The description uses the
OSM primitives vocabular "node", "way", "relation" where the "area" is
mixing them. It could be improved by saying "point" instead of node,
or "linear" instead of way (until the area becomes a real OSM
primitive) and "relational" for the relation. Just a proposal.

Pieren