[OSM-talk] Accessing "center" feature from Overpass XML?

Martin Raifer tyr.asd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 06:48:59 UTC 2014

The syntax looks like the following in Overpass-XML:

    <print mode="meta" geometry="center"/>

For the geometry parameter one has the options "center", "bounds",
"full" and "skeleton" (=regular osm xml without added geometry data).
If you are only interested in center coordinates for some objects, you
probably want to drop the two lines after your first print statement
(the recurse and additional print are normally there to grab the
object's geometry).