[OSM-talk] Detrimental validation software

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:28:08 UTC 2014

Dave,

IMHO the best way to avoid problems in that spot is to do what other
suggested: add the footpath between the 2 street (thereby fixing the
navigation for pedestrians) and/or adding the small piece of landuse=grass
+ the tree.
I assume nobody will remove that just to fix a problem reported by an
QA-site. The site might not even report the problem (as there is a footpath
between the two and not an empty space)

I don't know what is worse, a local mapper that does not add the footpath
between the two streets or a armchair mapper that connects the two. The map
is incorrect in both cases...
The best way to "document" why 2 streets are not connected is by mapping
the obstacle between them or the other type of road between them. That
should exclude the spot from detection algorithms.

just my .5 cent

regards