[OSM-talk] [Announce] Server maintenance – 26th October

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 19:06:31 UTC 2014

On the announce, list, on 20 October 2014 18:38, Harry Wood
<mail at harrywood.co.uk> wrote:

> Thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding during the maintenance window.

Thank you and the team for keeping things running.

I in no way mean this as a criticism, but am asking out of interest:

What would it take to make our system so robust that such outages were
not required? Is it a case of more money, or more developers, or both?
Or is it entirely infeasible?

I'm assuming, but stand to be corrected, that such options have been
researched and costed, but deemed not cost efficient?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing