[OSM-talk] Howto tag a prominent dead tree?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:33:14 UTC 2014

> > What does "prominent" mean?
>
> in this case local landmark visible on google sat (Bing is clouded in that
> place)
> and useful for navigation. Cultural or historical siginficance unknown
> although
> it is close to a house ruin of some significance.

I wouldn't focus on the "significant" aspect (i.e. the tag for a dead tree
shouldn't (IMHO) depent on the significance of the tree). You could add a
subtag like landmark=yes to denote some significance (this is context
dependent, to be a landmark there would either be nothing else in the area,
or it should be somehow outstanding).

cheers,
Martin

btw.: this whole discussion should take place in "tagging" not in "talk"