[OSM-talk] GoPro video traces?

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Oct 23 10:58:28 UTC 2014

It is possible to upload photos to the  Crowdsourced Street Level Photos
http://www.mapillary.com/ from its smartphone application or manually.
The photos just must have the following EXIF tags:
["GPSLongitude"]
["GPSLatitude"]
["DateTimeOriginal","DateTimeDigitized","DateTime","GPSDateStamp"]
["Orientation"]

I tried to upload to the Mapillary photos from Canon 70D camera with the
GPS receiver Canon GP-E2. It recognizes them all right and places them
on the map in the right spot.

But GoPro-4 makes about 120 fps (frames per second) in video mode. It
means 120 photos per second, in one minute it will be 720 HD photos. I
think it will overwhelm the server.

Perhaps, in photo mode? Though I do not own GoPro.

brgds
Oleksiy