[OSM-talk] AGM announcements

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:27:47 UTC 2014

Simon wrote:

>The scheduling issue is real and it flatly wouldn't have been possible to
formally
>announce in time (which would have had to been 60 days back to give
>enough time to avoid the cut off without undue haste). The solution to
>this will likely be to disassociate GM scheduling from the SOTM event so
>that we can plan the GM well in advance.

Indeed the task of organising the SotM program is a challenging one making
it difficult to provide an exact time early on (a few more days earlier
could be possible, but not 60).

What is however possible is to confirm the day. It was probably always
going to be the Saturday as the Friday before is a paid conference day and
we like to have the last day to reflect on what the new membership means
for the Foundation.

I often feel that we let perfection get in the way of getting on and doing.
Sometimes perfection is a good thing, but in this case I feel we could have
got an initial message out with the formal confirmation following.

Best,
Rob