[OSM-talk] Addresses are a tiny fraction of what we do

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 24 11:41:00 UTC 2014

In the city of Karviná, in your example, these two industrial buildings
are much larger in reality than imported:

http://osm.org/go/0LZc_9WgW?m=

http://osm.org/go/0LZc_2625?m=

But they can be corrected in JOSM easily. And it is not a big deal.

An excellent stadium and a soccer pitch are not mapped here:
http://osm.org/go/0LZeTNDQl-?m= , it is not like some shed missing. But
in general, the map of Karviná is impressive.

Sometimes municipal databases were created in 90s, with obsolete
equipment, by employees who could not care less. But sometimes they are
of good or medium quality.

An import can be reviewed and corrected with satellite imagery or a
survey. So both approaches are mutually-reinforcing.

brgds
Oleksiy