[OSM-talk] Fwd: OSM country interviews

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Oct 25 23:51:42 UTC 2014

oops.  Must remember to list-reply.  :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>
Date: Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] OSM country interviews
To: Ed Freyfogle <edf at lokku.com>

Hi Ed,

Yes, I enjoyed the State of the Country presentations as well.  I
remember many in Limerick, and several in Amsterdam.  I think State of
the Country talks transitioned to the Lightning Talk tracks in Girona
and so have been less prominent since then.

The wide difference between what the German community and Canadian
community had to present in Limerick was stark.  :-)  It was
inspirational to see countries that were further along the
OpenStreetMap curve and mapping street furniture and infrastructure
like lamp posts, while others were a long way from completing a basic
road network, or even major bodies of water.

Best regards and happy mapping,

Richard