[OSM-talk] The Working Groups need you!

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Oct 27 17:47:15 UTC 2014

The work around is that you express interest and the chair of the
relevant working group invites you. We'd like the chair of each working
group to be an OSMF member but there is no hard and fast rule beyond
that.  It is basically up to the chair.

Certainly as License Working Group chair, I would welcome anyone
interested in problem solving in a collective atmosphere ... either as
long-term member or to work on some particular issue or project that
motivates you.

I am also nominally Management Team chair. I would also personally love
to get folks involved without having to be attached to a particular
working group or taking on a long-term committment. For example, and I
hope I am not treading on his toes, Dermot McNally is tasked with coming
up with a workable system for running our up-coming board election to
STV for the first time. He is looking at using OpaVote for the polling
and may be OpenSTV for validation. He may need help, drop him or me line.

 From my memory, (which can be suspect), Clifford, I think you may be
referring to the Future now aka Strategic Working Group? We felt that to
be a bit of an exception due to the nature of the remit.

Mike