[OSM-talk] Postponing elections, or other alternatives (Was: Modus operandi of the board)

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 12:11:20 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Kathleen Danielson
> <kathleen.danielson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Direct democracy is cumbersome and often lacks nuance,
> > which is why it's so infrequently used. Representative democracies and
> their
> > ilk are far more common simply because they are far more efficient.

Ouch. Never say that to our swiss friends ;-)

Having just talked this through with my Swiss coworker, I will concede that
that was a very US-centric view of political process :-)

I'll amend my statement to include the caveat that that's my certainly
culturally-biased opinion of what makes for "efficient" political process.
(To be fair to myself, I did study comparative politics, albeit at a US
university)

Thanks for keeping me honest ;-)