[OSM-talk] keys with multiple values

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Sep 15 17:41:20 UTC 2014

On 9/15/2014 9:45 AM, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
> Supporting multiple values natively in the osm data model would
> provide a clean and efficient solution, but updating all the tools to
> support it would be a huge undertaking.
It's not going to get supported by most data consumers. This isn't a
question of upgrading tools, this is a question of tools relying on a
key=>value store, a single column, or some other external dependency
which doesn't allow multiple tag values. I believe when the API did
support multiple values for one tag almost no data consumers supported it.