[OSM-talk] Proposed Semi Mechanical Edit : "recycling:excrement"

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Apr 17 00:10:50 UTC 2015

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Bryce_C_Nesbitt

The tag "recycling:excrement" is used 55 times, and has at least four
distinct meanings.
I propose to use context to determine the meaning, and retag according to
current conventions. For example "recycling:excrement" at a marina dock
will be assume as a marine sewage pumpout station.  The same tag in a city
park will be a dog waste bin.  Usually it's quite clear.

This is not a true mechanical edit per
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct
as I will examine each node by hand, and exit by hand.  Regardless, I am
writing to solicit comments or concerns.  I will not visit the locations,
but may reference official websites.

Given the state of the tag, I expect zero data consumer impact.