[OSM-talk] iD Security

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:58:27 UTC 2015

Seeing the ticket, I think that the behavior here is what I'd expect
it to be, and what I think many people would expect as well.

It doesn't seem like this is related to iD ignoring cookies, but about
how you were logged into an account and authorized iD to edit on
behalf of one of them. I'm not sure that iD could really be doing
anything radically different.

This is no different than other sites which use cross site
authentication systems, ie Google, Facebook, etc.

As for it being a security issue- if you logged out of osm.org before
authenticating yourself from iD, then yes, I see a potential serious
problem, but that's not what I see reported here.

- Serge