[OSM-talk] Routing over areas

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:27:52 UTC 2015

On 21 April 2015 at 15:52, Svavar Kjarrval <svavar at kjarrval.is> wrote:

> I wonder if similar adjustments could be made for streets with a low
> speed limit, especially where there are no pedestrian crossings nearby
> (be it imperfect data or there aren't any). Seems crazy to suggest that
> pedestrians and cyclers get a routing suggestion to go around to the end
> of the road and back to the other side instead of crossing the road *in
> the cases where a sane person would do exactly that*. Of course, it
> might need some extra tags to prevent suggestions like that where such
> behaviour is prohibited.
>
> - Svavar Kjarrval
>
> On 20/04/15 21:25, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> > Interesting article for any routing experts:
> >
> > http://anitagraser.com/2015/04/17/routing-in-polygon-layers-yes-we-can/
> >
> > Rob

If there's a direct route across the square, it should be on the route map
as a route - then it'd be correctly included in routing software solutions.

Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -
For all your info on Millom and South Copeland
via *the area's premier website - *

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>