[OSM-talk] Tagging POI's - nodes vs. areas

colliar colliar4ever at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 11:36:29 UTC 2015

Am 22.04.2015 um 19:12 schrieb EthnicFood IsGreat:
> Thanks to everyone who contributed on this subject.  I think I've got a
> better understanding now of tagging buildings vs. tagging amenities.  And
> sorry if I should've posted to the tagging list instead.  There are so many
> lists.  I think I'm subscribed to four of them already.  How many more...?

Well, it depends on your interest. I would say talk@, tagging@ and the
one for your region (mother tong) are useful.

Additionally, I already mentioned help.openstreetmap.org in my first
reply. This question [1] looks pretty similar, don't you think? Maybe
adding some additional information could help further.

cu colliar

[1]
https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/617/when-you-have-a-building-and-a-surrounding-area-which-one-should-most-tags-be-on?