[OSM-talk] Removing redundant routing instructions

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:43:14 UTC 2015

> I wonder whether it is possible to indicate this in OpenStreetMap so that
> routing engines can omit this redundant instruction.
>
> == Example picture ==
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6J5ZA1hu93bZmx2NTIxaHdfMUE/view?usp=sharing

I think you might be able to fix this with micromapping. If you add the
detailed shape (i.e. the curve like it is signed on the road) of the
"junction" topology it might be solved. It is a general issue in many cases
that the junctions don't get modelled accurately (you can't determine from
the drawn shape which road is continuous and which gets discharged into the
other, because of oversimplification / bad generalization).

Cheers,
Martin