[OSM-talk] Removing redundant routing instructions

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 09:50:57 UTC 2015

> If you reread the original mail, then you'll see he already tried this
> himself and it did not work.

Maybe this is caused by geometry simplication in the router? If you have a
detailed look at the overlay you can see that the routing geometry is not
following completely the rendered geometry:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=osrm_car&route=52.45362%2C-1.48598%3B52.45341%2C-1.48944#map=18/52.45311/-1.48788&layers=Q

On the other hand, OSRM test website (with apparently different geometry)
also show a "turn slight right" at this spot:
http://map.project-osrm.org/?hl=en&loc=52.453163,-1.488334&loc=52.453129,-1.489063&z=18&center=52.453214,-1.489010&alt=0&df=0&re=0&ly=-1171809665

I guess in this case I wouldn't mind if I got the turn slight right
instruction, in the end that's what you have to do, but I agree it would be
better to get "stay on the road and turn slight right" or something like
this. The other case (main road turns right but you have to keep straight)
is more important to be fixed.

Cheers,
Martin