[OSM-talk] JOSM Tile Cache

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:36:41 UTC 2015

Wikor,

Thanks for your reply, and for working on the development of JOSM.  It is
an amazing editor!  The information you provided prompted me to learn more
about HTTP. I will install wireshark tonight and do some more testing, but
I suspect it is the lack of something like "cache-control: no-cache" in the
HTTP header in the JOSM request for new tiles after the local cache has
been emptied.  Perhaps adding that would be mixing functionality that
shouldn't be mixed.  If so, perhaps a new option on the "right click
imagery" menu could be added called "force reload" or "refresh server
cache.".  I will update the ticket with these thoughts and what I learn
tonight.

Mike