[OSM-talk] Chain Store Cleanup
bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Apr 30 22:17:12 UTC 2015
You'll probably face an easier road if your clean page follows the
mechanical edit convention, using your name:
even if you're not doing something fully mechanical.
1. Add the "TODO" plugin to JOSM.
2. From overpass turbo load "name=McDonalds" and "amenity=fast_food".
3. Export to JOSM (clicking 'repair' first).
4. Select a reasonable region, such as your home country. Invert the
selection and "purge" the rest of the nodes to eliminate the non-target
areas of the earth.
5. Select only tagged objects (using search) and add to the "TODO"
6. Step through the nodes, prior to making any mechanical changes.
I recommend working only in countries where you understand the language and
name=McDonalds might be correct in places you don't fully understand.
I think http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/POI:McDonald%27s is overkill
however. And long term chances are
some form of synchronization with McDonald's official store finder will
replace the current manual process.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the talk