[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 14:24:30 UTC 2015

On 13/08/15 14:59, Max wrote:
> so here is a concrete example:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=16/41.7971/-88.3293
>
> there is a hole in the abandoned railway, which orgiginally was probably
> going through. How would you map this?

This is a perfect example of something which should be covered by OHM,
but a stop date on the abandoned track bed would flag that information.
The missing bit should have information somewhere that shows when it was
lifted and the new structures added. It would not surprise me if the
service road foundation was the old track bed anyway? What IS there
needs mapping ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL