[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 23:11:07 UTC 2015

On 16/08/2015 1:35 AM, Russ Nelson wrote:
> Serge Wroclawski writes:
>   > Our project's policy thusfar has been in contrast to other projects in that
>   > each and every one of us is empowered to make changes to anything we see.
>
> You're starting to understand! You should make changes to things you
> see. Things you don't see require a higher standard of knowledge.
>
>   > This leaves our project with a problem of lots of data and no one feeling
>   > empowered to remove it.
>
> Seriously? THIS is your line of reasoning? There's a simple way to
> empower them: If it's got TIGER tags and you don't see it, delete it.

TIGER tags?

Don't they only occur in one area of the world? Rather a small view of the world then.

> Done. Next problem.

Not done. For example I have deleted roads in the middle of houses, a clear error, possibly mine, and yes I did go and look on foot.
I don't think there are any TIGER tags at all within 8,000miles. And I have no problem with that deletion.