[OSM-talk] landcover=trees

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 14:19:39 UTC 2015

> ... And then there are areas where actually trees grow, sometimes in a forest and sometimes elsewhere. That's where landcover trees seems appropriate for me.

Maybe a diary entry explaining your point of view on this in detail
would help here - specifically real-world examples of something that is
"landcover=trees" but not "natural=wood", and what meaning you think
"natural=wood" and "landuse=forest" have?  Pictures you've taken of the
areas would be really helpful too.

FWIW when I looked at tree rendering (see
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/SomeoneElse/diary/35220 ) I did look
at the usage of landcover, with a view to incorporating it in the script
the handles tree types there simply wasn't enough usage of it locally to
even consider it (see
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org.uk/tags/landcover=trees ).

Cheers,

Andy