[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Aug 16 20:11:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

> this thread as far as I have understood is not about "things that have
> disappeared without any traces" but it is about "things that might not
> be recognized by everybody but are there, on the ground"

What everybody can see is a clearing or change in the surface of
something. That's fine to map.

Inferring from that that there must have been a railway there is a step
too far. We are mappers, not trappers.

Also I have the impression that, contrary to what you're saying, at
least some proponents of abandoned railway mapping find it totally ok to
map an abandoned railway that "leads through" a modern day housing
development.

Bye
Frederik